Search Follow us
Gavin Wood
24 May 2017

Altamir – Merger of top 10 portfolio holding Melita and Vodafone Malta

Combination will create a new fully integrated provider of mobile, fixed line, broadband and TV services

Altamir (LTA) has announced the merger of Maltese telecoms operator Melita, in which it holds a 28.9% stake through the Apax France VIII fund, with Vodafone Malta to create a fully integrated communications company, which will operate under the Vodafone brand, distributing a wide range of services including Vodafone’s global portfolio of products. Announced in December 2015, the acquisition of Melita by Apax France VIII fund and Fortino Capital was completed in early 2016. At end-2016, Melita had been held in Altamir’s portfolio for less than one year and so was valued at its residual investment cost of €33.9m, representing 3.9% of portfolio fair value. At completion, Apax France VIII fund and Fortino Capital will own 51% of the combined company and Vodafone will own the remaining 49%.